How To Quit Smoking?
It is a very well known fact that smoking cigarettes is very harmful to anyone’s health. Cigarette smoking increases the chances of having a heart attack, it is also the number one cause of lung cancer and other cancer types and it is a quite pricey habit. Cigarettes are becoming more and more expensive as years go by.
There are a lot of smokers who have tried and still trying to quit. But it is no secret that quitting smoking is not one of the easiest things to do. It is actually quite hard. The main culprit why cigarettes are very addictive is nicotine.
Here are some simple but helpful ways on how you can quit smoking:
- One of the best things to do when you are trying to quit smoking is to remove everything and anything that reminds you of smoking. For example, cigarette packs or wrappers, ashtrays, loose tobacco in your clothes or car, pieces of cigarettes, lighters and matches. It is helpful if you take away or throw away anything that will remind you of smoking.
- Make a decision on when you want to quit. Set a specific date and during this time, try with all your might to not smoke any cigarette at all.
- Telling people, especially family, friends or a significant partner will help a great deal in your quit smoking journey. They will act as your support system that will help you and support you. There will be some very trying times along the way. And it’s always good to have a support system, that will catch you when you feel like you want to puff another cigarette again.
- Try searching online for a local support group for people who are trying to quit smoking. It is also nice to be a member in an online forum about quitting smoking. You can share stories about hurdles that you encounter along the way of quitting.
- Finding a replacement for nicotine, helps a great deal too. You can try nicotine gums, patches, candies and lozenges. These products are proven helpful to a person with a motivated mind. These products will be the answer for your nicotine cravings.
- It is advisable that you try acupuncture and hypnosis. A lot of people who used to be smokers have successfully quit with the help of hypnosis. It is always best to consult a physician to find out and learn more which is the suitable treatment for you. If the treatment suits you, that means it can help you quit faster and effectively.
- Looking for a new hobby, like activity or sports is a great distraction for the cigarette craving that you will have, once you quit smoking. It is best to always make yourself active and busy. It will not only distract you but also you can learn new things by trying a new hobby or sports.
Remember, it’s not easy to quit smoking. But with perseverance and a motivated mind, nothing is impossible. Think about your health and the health of those people who are around you when you are smoking.