The Best Quit Smoking Tips
It is never easy to quit smoking. It can be overwhelming for a smoker, to quit. Not having a clear idea on how to quit or on what to do is hard enough. Here are some simple tips on how you can quit smoking.
- Have faith in yourself that you can quit smoking. Compare quitting smoking to the hardest things that you have done in your life. This is the most important thing, that you have faith in yourself and believe that you can do it.
- It is always advisable after reading any how-to’s or guides that you write your own guidelines, rules and sets of tips on how you will quit smoking. Writing your own rules is like customizing the way you will want to quit smoking.
- Think about the reasons why you want to quit smoking and you can write it down. Also think about the reason why you should quit smoking. This will make it easier for you to realize the reason why it is so important to quit smoking.
- Tell your family, friends, partner, husband or wife that you will quit smoking. They will act as your support system. Quitting is hard to do alone. That’s why it’s always nice to have someone or people who are supportive of what you’re trying to do.
- Decide on a specific date that you want to quit smoking. Don’t say I’ll quit tomorrow or I’ll quit today. Things like that are not helpful at all. It’s nice that you decide upon an exact date on when you want to quit. It is best that you prepare for it. Smoke your last cigarette a day before your set date or an hour before your set time. It all depends on you.
- Consult a doctor. Have a check-up and tell your doctor about your desires and decision of quitting smoking. It is nice to have some professional advice that will help you on quitting smoking.
- This is optional but very helpful. Try exercising. An exercise program can not only make you healthier but it also diverts your attention whenever you have a cigarette craving.
- Do some breathing exercises daily. I bet you can spare some three to five minutes everyday to do some breathing exercises. Breathing exercises can help restore your lungs health and also this will do you some good, specially when you are craving for a cigarette very bad.
- Imagine how better life can be once you successfully quit smoking. This serves as a motivation for you to have a great desire to quit smoking and sticking to it.
- If you are not yet ready to totally quit smoking, try to minimize your cigarette smoking everyday. For example, gradually decrease how many sticks you smoke everyday. Until you don’t find the urge anymore. For example you smoke 12 sticks a day. Gradually decrease it by smoking 11 the next day, 10 the next day and so on. This is a helpful way on how to quit smoking.
- If you find the urge to put something between your lips try drinking out of a plastic straw or suck on a lollipop or popsicle instead. This is a great tip if you’re only missing putting something between your lips.
- You can also try nicotine substitutes. Because it is mainly what you are addicted of. Try using nicotine patches, gums and or candies. These can be easily found in pharmacies or drug stores.
- If you really miss smoking, and craving very bad. You can try these new product in the market. The electronic cigarette. This has real smoke and is really like a cigarette minus the nicotine. This is a great substitute.
We can go on and on and give you a lot of tips. But the most important thing is that if you are really decided to quit smoking. If you have the will, perseverance and motivation nothing is impossible and nothing is hard to do. Find the will inside of you and quit smoking once and for all.