A Few Reasons To Quit Smoking
Though there are already obvious reasons to quit smoking. People who are smokers still find that they don’t have enough reasons to quit smoking. Our main goal for this article is to state the obvious to help you decide on why you should quit smoking.
- Smoking can shorten your life span.
With all the harmful effects that cigarettes have in your body, you should know by now that it can cause a lot of illnesses. Cigarette smoking causes Emphysema, Lung Cancer, Throat cancer, chronic coughing and the list goes on. I think these are more than enough reasons to quit smoking. If you love yourself and you care about your life, quit smoking.
- You’ll benefit your family, friends and people who are around you.
Second hand smoke or passive smoking can also be killers. Smokers think that they don’t affect other people when they smoke. It is already bad enough, the smell of cigarette smoke, but long exposure to second hand smoke also causes, emphysema, lung cancer, throat cancer and so on. If you love your wife, husband, children, friends, you should stop smoking. Because you are not only harming yourself, but also people around you.
- Heal your body.
When you decide to quit smoking and is on the process of quitting smoking. You are giving your body it’s much needed time to heal itself. The smoke from the cigarettes have created damage inside your body, particularly in your lungs. When you quit smoking, your nose, throat, mouth and lungs will be able to heal and repair themselves. And this is beneficial for you and your health.
- You will be more likable.
People will not avoid you anymore if you quit smoking. Smoking causes bad breath, and most likely people have avoided you because of that. Once you quit smoking, people will approach you more. Most people have the impression that smokers are not so very nice people. Just try to notice in movies. Villains are smokers. Smoking has a social stigma that can portray you to be a mean person even if you’re not. So quit smoking. It will make you more likable and approachable.
- Obvious reduction in your expenses.
It is a known fact that cigarettes become more and more expensive, as time goes by. When you quit smoking you will see an obvious amount of money that you will save. Because you don’t have to buy cigarettes anymore. With the money that you will save, you can buy useful things to reward yourself of your personal achievement.
These are just some of the reasons to quit smoking. But more than enough to make you stop smoking. Take all these in consideration and you’ll find success and desire to quit smoking.
Quit Smoking Products
It’s a difficult decision to make. If you decide to quit smoking. If quitting smoking have lingered in your mind more than once, I’m sure that you have read a few “quit smoking” how-to guides.
Sometimes articles, guides, tips and how-to’s don’t cut it to help you quit smoking. What you need is a strong reinforcement. Like quit smoking products. I find it ironic, that there are not a lot of quit smoking products advertisements. But there are so many cigarette advertisements.
That is the reason why people are not well-aware of quit smoking products. If written guides can’t help you that much in quitting. Quit smoking products are the answer to your quit smoking dilemma.
Number one in the market for quit smoking products are the NRT or Nicotine Replacement Therapy. As we all know by now, nicotine is the addicting agent in cigarettes. And this is the main reason, why is it so hard to quit smoking.
Nicotine patches are a type of Nicotine Replacement Product (NRP). It is like a clear bandage that you stick on your skin. Specifically, you have to stick the patch on your upper body, like on the shoulders, arms or chest. Nicotine patches are commonly transparent and can be invisible underneath clothes.
There are various types of nicotine replacement gums available in drug stores or pharmacies. The principle of these gums is that you chew them instead of smoking. If you have the urge or desire to smoke, just chew on a gum and it cuts down the cigarette craving.
Smokers have the urge to put something in their mouths or in between their lips when they’re on the process of quitting smoking. A lollipop is a great solution for this kind of urge or craving. These herbal lollipops have an herbal content that is proven to cut down the craving for nicotine.
This can be by far the most effective product. It has the same principles of smoking without the nicotine and other harmful chemicals. This is also one of the newest quit smoking products. If you really can’t quit smoking. This is a very good alternative to smoking. Basically, you will still smoke. But without the nicotine. It is worth a try.
Now, you can decide for yourself which product to buy, try or use to help you quit smoking. What matters is that you are decided and have the will to really quit smoking.
You Should Quit Smoking Now!
Quitting smoking is easier said than done. For long time and short time smokers it is indeed a difficult task to do. It is advisable to inform yourself of the pros and cons of quitting.
It is better to quit as early as possible. Because it’ll be harder to quit if you are smoking for a very long time. It is really indeed a bad habit to quit. It is bad enough to start with.
If you love yourself, you will consider to quit smoking now. There are so many life risks that smoking brings. It really is a killer. If you are a smoker you are prone to various kinds of cancer. Like lung, throat, mouth and prostate. And as we all know there is really no known cure for cancer. Prevention is better than cure. Quitting smoking now, is better than to suffer with the consequences it brings later on.
If you really, truly care of the people around you. Like your family, friends, significant other. You will find enough reason to quit smoking. Second hand smoke is a killer too. You should be well aware of the dangers that you can cause and bring to people who are non-smoker that are near or around you, whenever you smoke.
Emphysema is one of the killers that affects people who are second hand smokers. Emphysema is a respiratory illness. Just think of this, and have second thoughts before smoking a cigarette around someone who is a none smoker. If you are at a public place and there are children, babies and or pregnant women. You can affect them with the second hand smoke. You can even affect the babies inside the tummies of the pregnant women. This can make you think that you should quit smoking now.
Cigarette and tobacco products’ prices are not cheap at all. In fact it is relatively expensive. Just imagine how much money you will save if you quit smoking. It is collectively a large sum of money. You can use this money to buy important things or just plainly save it. It is always good to have some savings.
If you put all these things in consideration, you’ll find it in inside of you the will to quit smoking now. If you really think about it, do you really want to affect other people in a bad way? You might think that it’s not that a big of deal but the truth is it’s not. It is a big deal to endanger other peoples’ live and your life itself. So quit smoking now before it’s too late.
What Is Best Way To Quit Smoking?
With all these articles about ways to quit smoking, and a bunch of how-to’s written about how to quit smoking. What really is the best way to quit smoking? The answer to this will come up later on in this article.
There are so many people who want to stop smoking. And for sure, one way or the other they have tried several guides and tips on how to quit smoking. But everyone who wants to quit smoking is still in search for the best way to quit smoking.
The best way is not only one way. It is a series of actions that you have to do. This will help you to quit smoking. But the most important thing to do and to have is to have the “will power” to quit. This is by far the most important thing to have. Yes, you can read, buy all the products to help you and try. But if you don’t have the will, none of these can really help you at all.
Now, if you’re really ready to quit. Here’s some best ways to quit smoking:
* Take full control of yourself.
* Have will-power and motivation.
* Decide on which specific time and date you will quit. Make sure that this date will be perfect for you.
* Inform everyone around you that you are quitting smoking. Make them aware about it. If you are at work and co-workers invite you to smoke, they won’t do that again. Or in your family if someone smokes too, they will not invite you anymore or smoke around you.
* Look for everything that will remind you of smoking. Throw it all away. This minimizes the urge that you want to smoke again.
* Have an extreme attitude about quitting. If you say you will quit, stop then and then. Based on research, this kind of attitude will give you a great chance of success.
* Make alterations with your eating and drinking habits. Make yourself aware of drinks that’ll give you “delight”. For example coffee, tea and alcoholic drinks. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink lots and lots of water.
* Focus on your mental repose and recreation. Try new sports or go to a spa to relax yourself.
* Reward yourself with every achievement. This will encourage you more to totally quit smoking. When you didn’t smoke for a whole day, reward yourself. Go shopping or buy yourself a new gadget.
A lot of people have tried these ways and are able to successfully quit smoking as I’ve mentioned earlier, the most important thing to have is will power. Before trying to quit smoking. You must have the will first. Before you go any further. Good luck!
Several Ways To Quit Smoking
Cigarette smoking is one of the hardest habit to quit, stop or break. The reason why is it so hard to quit is because of the nicotine found in tobacco that is found in cigarettes.
There are already so many articles written about quitting smoking, tips and ways on how to quit smoking. However, it is still so hard for smokers to quit. It is a difficult thing to do. These articles can only help, guide, motivate or serve as an inspiration to make it easier for smokers to quit.
If you are a smoker and you have intentions to quit. Though it’s hard, you know that deep inside you have the desire to make yourself, body, soul and health to be healthier that’s why you have the desire to quit. Also it is enough reason to quit knowing how many people you can affect with the second hand smoke you are producing whenever you are smoking.
As a simple guide for smokers out there, who will get to read this article. Here are some simple and doable ways to quit smoking. These are in no particular order.
1. Set and decide for an exact time and date when you’re going to stop smoking.
- Setting the exact time and date will help you prepare on your journey on quitting smoking. Once you have a date set, you can tell yourself that this is it, there’s no turning back and then, smoke your last cigarette.
2. Find someone who will want to quit smoking too.
- This is optional. But if you can find a friend or an acquaintance who also wants to quit smoking it is advisable that you do it together. It’ll be easier to have someone. Because when you feel like smoking another cigarette, you can call on someone to stop you and vice versa. A great “Buddy System” will work towards your goal of quitting smoking.
3. Make alterations in your daily habits.
- Smokers have the habit of smoking a cigarette every after meal. Try to not think about this, when you are quitting smoking. The best thing to do is to take away everything that will remind you of smoking. For example, if you used to sit outside like in your garden, porch or garage then smoke a cigarette. It is better if you take away all the ashtrays, matches, lighters and most importantly cigarettes and throw it all away. So it won’t remind you that you smoke every after meal. Or smoke at all. Make your lifestyle more healthier by exercising. Exercising diverts your attention away from smoking.
4. Put something else in your mouth if you have an urge to smoke.
- Because smoking cigarettes is a force of habit. You might miss put something between your lips or maybe just simply have the urge. When this happens, putting something else is much better. Like a lollipop, candies or chewing gum. Better is if you buy these nicotine gums or patches. If you don’t feel like eating something and still want to put something between your lips or in your mouth, try using plastic straws when you drink or just put a toothpick and play around with it with your mouth.
5. Hang out with your friends and people who are also on their way to quitting smoking.
- It is nice to get to tell other people what you are doing. Like quitting smoking. They can give you their personal insights and motivate you more. You can share all together your thoughts, problems and struggles. Making it easier to handle. Because you will find out that you are not the only one having a hard time quitting. That it’s normal and eventually you will be well on your way and have quit smoking entirely.
Consider yourself not being a failure, if you are unsuccessful in your first attempt to quit smoking. Try again, and see for yourself how you can change. Remember: Try and try until you succeed.
How To Quit Smoking?
It is a very well known fact that smoking cigarettes is very harmful to anyone’s health. Cigarette smoking increases the chances of having a heart attack, it is also the number one cause of lung cancer and other cancer types and it is a quite pricey habit. Cigarettes are becoming more and more expensive as years go by.
There are a lot of smokers who have tried and still trying to quit. But it is no secret that quitting smoking is not one of the easiest things to do. It is actually quite hard. The main culprit why cigarettes are very addictive is nicotine.
Here are some simple but helpful ways on how you can quit smoking:
- One of the best things to do when you are trying to quit smoking is to remove everything and anything that reminds you of smoking. For example, cigarette packs or wrappers, ashtrays, loose tobacco in your clothes or car, pieces of cigarettes, lighters and matches. It is helpful if you take away or throw away anything that will remind you of smoking.
- Make a decision on when you want to quit. Set a specific date and during this time, try with all your might to not smoke any cigarette at all.
- Telling people, especially family, friends or a significant partner will help a great deal in your quit smoking journey. They will act as your support system that will help you and support you. There will be some very trying times along the way. And it’s always good to have a support system, that will catch you when you feel like you want to puff another cigarette again.
- Try searching online for a local support group for people who are trying to quit smoking. It is also nice to be a member in an online forum about quitting smoking. You can share stories about hurdles that you encounter along the way of quitting.
- Finding a replacement for nicotine, helps a great deal too. You can try nicotine gums, patches, candies and lozenges. These products are proven helpful to a person with a motivated mind. These products will be the answer for your nicotine cravings.
- It is advisable that you try acupuncture and hypnosis. A lot of people who used to be smokers have successfully quit with the help of hypnosis. It is always best to consult a physician to find out and learn more which is the suitable treatment for you. If the treatment suits you, that means it can help you quit faster and effectively.
- Looking for a new hobby, like activity or sports is a great distraction for the cigarette craving that you will have, once you quit smoking. It is best to always make yourself active and busy. It will not only distract you but also you can learn new things by trying a new hobby or sports.
Remember, it’s not easy to quit smoking. But with perseverance and a motivated mind, nothing is impossible. Think about your health and the health of those people who are around you when you are smoking.
The Best Quit Smoking Tips
It is never easy to quit smoking. It can be overwhelming for a smoker, to quit. Not having a clear idea on how to quit or on what to do is hard enough. Here are some simple tips on how you can quit smoking.
- Have faith in yourself that you can quit smoking. Compare quitting smoking to the hardest things that you have done in your life. This is the most important thing, that you have faith in yourself and believe that you can do it.
- It is always advisable after reading any how-to’s or guides that you write your own guidelines, rules and sets of tips on how you will quit smoking. Writing your own rules is like customizing the way you will want to quit smoking.
- Think about the reasons why you want to quit smoking and you can write it down. Also think about the reason why you should quit smoking. This will make it easier for you to realize the reason why it is so important to quit smoking.
- Tell your family, friends, partner, husband or wife that you will quit smoking. They will act as your support system. Quitting is hard to do alone. That’s why it’s always nice to have someone or people who are supportive of what you’re trying to do.
- Decide on a specific date that you want to quit smoking. Don’t say I’ll quit tomorrow or I’ll quit today. Things like that are not helpful at all. It’s nice that you decide upon an exact date on when you want to quit. It is best that you prepare for it. Smoke your last cigarette a day before your set date or an hour before your set time. It all depends on you.
- Consult a doctor. Have a check-up and tell your doctor about your desires and decision of quitting smoking. It is nice to have some professional advice that will help you on quitting smoking.
- This is optional but very helpful. Try exercising. An exercise program can not only make you healthier but it also diverts your attention whenever you have a cigarette craving.
- Do some breathing exercises daily. I bet you can spare some three to five minutes everyday to do some breathing exercises. Breathing exercises can help restore your lungs health and also this will do you some good, specially when you are craving for a cigarette very bad.
- Imagine how better life can be once you successfully quit smoking. This serves as a motivation for you to have a great desire to quit smoking and sticking to it.
- If you are not yet ready to totally quit smoking, try to minimize your cigarette smoking everyday. For example, gradually decrease how many sticks you smoke everyday. Until you don’t find the urge anymore. For example you smoke 12 sticks a day. Gradually decrease it by smoking 11 the next day, 10 the next day and so on. This is a helpful way on how to quit smoking.
- If you find the urge to put something between your lips try drinking out of a plastic straw or suck on a lollipop or popsicle instead. This is a great tip if you’re only missing putting something between your lips.
- You can also try nicotine substitutes. Because it is mainly what you are addicted of. Try using nicotine patches, gums and or candies. These can be easily found in pharmacies or drug stores.
- If you really miss smoking, and craving very bad. You can try these new product in the market. The electronic cigarette. This has real smoke and is really like a cigarette minus the nicotine. This is a great substitute.
We can go on and on and give you a lot of tips. But the most important thing is that if you are really decided to quit smoking. If you have the will, perseverance and motivation nothing is impossible and nothing is hard to do. Find the will inside of you and quit smoking once and for all.
Welcome to QuitSmokingNowOnline.com
first we are very sorry for being offline for the past 3 months,
but do not worry we will continue with this site and help you quit smoking,
we are even rebuilding the whole layout and content of our site.
Please stay tuned, we are going going to update the whole site within 1-2 weeks.
Thank you, The Quit Smoking Now Online Gang