A Few Reasons To Quit Smoking
Though there are already obvious reasons to quit smoking. People who are smokers still find that they don’t have enough reasons to quit smoking. Our main goal for this article is to state the obvious to help you decide on why you should quit smoking.
- Smoking can shorten your life span.
With all the harmful effects that cigarettes have in your body, you should know by now that it can cause a lot of illnesses. Cigarette smoking causes Emphysema, Lung Cancer, Throat cancer, chronic coughing and the list goes on. I think these are more than enough reasons to quit smoking. If you love yourself and you care about your life, quit smoking.
- You’ll benefit your family, friends and people who are around you.
Second hand smoke or passive smoking can also be killers. Smokers think that they don’t affect other people when they smoke. It is already bad enough, the smell of cigarette smoke, but long exposure to second hand smoke also causes, emphysema, lung cancer, throat cancer and so on. If you love your wife, husband, children, friends, you should stop smoking. Because you are not only harming yourself, but also people around you.
- Heal your body.
When you decide to quit smoking and is on the process of quitting smoking. You are giving your body it’s much needed time to heal itself. The smoke from the cigarettes have created damage inside your body, particularly in your lungs. When you quit smoking, your nose, throat, mouth and lungs will be able to heal and repair themselves. And this is beneficial for you and your health.
- You will be more likable.
People will not avoid you anymore if you quit smoking. Smoking causes bad breath, and most likely people have avoided you because of that. Once you quit smoking, people will approach you more. Most people have the impression that smokers are not so very nice people. Just try to notice in movies. Villains are smokers. Smoking has a social stigma that can portray you to be a mean person even if you’re not. So quit smoking. It will make you more likable and approachable.
- Obvious reduction in your expenses.
It is a known fact that cigarettes become more and more expensive, as time goes by. When you quit smoking you will see an obvious amount of money that you will save. Because you don’t have to buy cigarettes anymore. With the money that you will save, you can buy useful things to reward yourself of your personal achievement.
These are just some of the reasons to quit smoking. But more than enough to make you stop smoking. Take all these in consideration and you’ll find success and desire to quit smoking.
What Is Best Way To Quit Smoking?
With all these articles about ways to quit smoking, and a bunch of how-to’s written about how to quit smoking. What really is the best way to quit smoking? The answer to this will come up later on in this article.
There are so many people who want to stop smoking. And for sure, one way or the other they have tried several guides and tips on how to quit smoking. But everyone who wants to quit smoking is still in search for the best way to quit smoking.
The best way is not only one way. It is a series of actions that you have to do. This will help you to quit smoking. But the most important thing to do and to have is to have the “will power” to quit. This is by far the most important thing to have. Yes, you can read, buy all the products to help you and try. But if you don’t have the will, none of these can really help you at all.
Now, if you’re really ready to quit. Here’s some best ways to quit smoking:
* Take full control of yourself.
* Have will-power and motivation.
* Decide on which specific time and date you will quit. Make sure that this date will be perfect for you.
* Inform everyone around you that you are quitting smoking. Make them aware about it. If you are at work and co-workers invite you to smoke, they won’t do that again. Or in your family if someone smokes too, they will not invite you anymore or smoke around you.
* Look for everything that will remind you of smoking. Throw it all away. This minimizes the urge that you want to smoke again.
* Have an extreme attitude about quitting. If you say you will quit, stop then and then. Based on research, this kind of attitude will give you a great chance of success.
* Make alterations with your eating and drinking habits. Make yourself aware of drinks that’ll give you “delight”. For example coffee, tea and alcoholic drinks. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink lots and lots of water.
* Focus on your mental repose and recreation. Try new sports or go to a spa to relax yourself.
* Reward yourself with every achievement. This will encourage you more to totally quit smoking. When you didn’t smoke for a whole day, reward yourself. Go shopping or buy yourself a new gadget.
A lot of people have tried these ways and are able to successfully quit smoking as I’ve mentioned earlier, the most important thing to have is will power. Before trying to quit smoking. You must have the will first. Before you go any further. Good luck!
Several Ways To Quit Smoking
Cigarette smoking is one of the hardest habit to quit, stop or break. The reason why is it so hard to quit is because of the nicotine found in tobacco that is found in cigarettes.
There are already so many articles written about quitting smoking, tips and ways on how to quit smoking. However, it is still so hard for smokers to quit. It is a difficult thing to do. These articles can only help, guide, motivate or serve as an inspiration to make it easier for smokers to quit.
If you are a smoker and you have intentions to quit. Though it’s hard, you know that deep inside you have the desire to make yourself, body, soul and health to be healthier that’s why you have the desire to quit. Also it is enough reason to quit knowing how many people you can affect with the second hand smoke you are producing whenever you are smoking.
As a simple guide for smokers out there, who will get to read this article. Here are some simple and doable ways to quit smoking. These are in no particular order.
1. Set and decide for an exact time and date when you’re going to stop smoking.
- Setting the exact time and date will help you prepare on your journey on quitting smoking. Once you have a date set, you can tell yourself that this is it, there’s no turning back and then, smoke your last cigarette.
2. Find someone who will want to quit smoking too.
- This is optional. But if you can find a friend or an acquaintance who also wants to quit smoking it is advisable that you do it together. It’ll be easier to have someone. Because when you feel like smoking another cigarette, you can call on someone to stop you and vice versa. A great “Buddy System” will work towards your goal of quitting smoking.
3. Make alterations in your daily habits.
- Smokers have the habit of smoking a cigarette every after meal. Try to not think about this, when you are quitting smoking. The best thing to do is to take away everything that will remind you of smoking. For example, if you used to sit outside like in your garden, porch or garage then smoke a cigarette. It is better if you take away all the ashtrays, matches, lighters and most importantly cigarettes and throw it all away. So it won’t remind you that you smoke every after meal. Or smoke at all. Make your lifestyle more healthier by exercising. Exercising diverts your attention away from smoking.
4. Put something else in your mouth if you have an urge to smoke.
- Because smoking cigarettes is a force of habit. You might miss put something between your lips or maybe just simply have the urge. When this happens, putting something else is much better. Like a lollipop, candies or chewing gum. Better is if you buy these nicotine gums or patches. If you don’t feel like eating something and still want to put something between your lips or in your mouth, try using plastic straws when you drink or just put a toothpick and play around with it with your mouth.
5. Hang out with your friends and people who are also on their way to quitting smoking.
- It is nice to get to tell other people what you are doing. Like quitting smoking. They can give you their personal insights and motivate you more. You can share all together your thoughts, problems and struggles. Making it easier to handle. Because you will find out that you are not the only one having a hard time quitting. That it’s normal and eventually you will be well on your way and have quit smoking entirely.
Consider yourself not being a failure, if you are unsuccessful in your first attempt to quit smoking. Try again, and see for yourself how you can change. Remember: Try and try until you succeed.